photo the-eye-1.png photo instagram-67.png photo bloglovin-43.png photo pinterest-85.png photo tumblr-5.png



 photo eye-on-fashion.png photo eye-on-design.png photo all-eyes-one.png photo through-the-lens.png photo eye-contact.png photo portfolio-6.png

Thursday, August 29, 2013

SMALL TOWN GIRL

Standing in front of the most iconic building downtown, the Triangle Building

A glimpse of the courthouse
{Dress}Vintage, {Handbag}Marc Jacobs, {Heels}Ann Taylor, {Eye Wear}Ray Ban

I discovered the town of Pawhuska earlier this summer and have been spending a lot of time there these past few months.  The downtown area is incredibly charming and transports me to another time.  There is so much history and beautiful architecture to behold.  It's to no surprise the film industry has taken notice of this quaint little town.  You may recognize it from the film "To the Wonder" and the upcoming "August Osage County".  My favorite buildings there are the Triangle Building and the Courthouse, which I found out were both in danger of being torn down at one point.  I'm so glad they weren't...they are such treasures!

As for my dress, it's one of my favorite vintage finds! It was in the local vintage shop window for about a month and I kept driving by and thinking about it.  It was originally a 1970's long formal but I kept thinking what a great little cocktail dress it would make.  I finally decided to buy it and have been smitten ever since.  Besides the playful print, I just adore the ruffled collar!

Photography by Jamie Alsabrook
Location: Pawhuska, OK   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k | logo design by paper rachel